Alessandro Dell’Acqua, the Italian Fashion Designer who is best known for his sophisticated, elegant and ultrafeminine designs, comes straight in the top with his N°21 label, which took over fashion industry and became a huge success.
● How do you envisage the N°21 women? What is she like?
A: I believe in attitude… and I create for a woman who likes showing an hidden sensuality!
● What was the inspiration behind the N°21 latest collection?
A: The style of Milanese bourgeois ladies in the ‘60s, that had a double edge, talking about ambiguity with clear intelligence, giving delicious deceit a totally glam twist.
A: Passion, the expression of myself.
● Do you have a certain image in mind when you design? What inspires you?
A: When I am designing I don’t use to be inspired by a specific artist or an art expression, is more about atmospheres and sensations. Everything that surrounding me is constantly inspiring my work.
● Who is one of your favorite model to work with and why?
A: Bianca Balti, because she embodies perfectly my idea of sensuality!
A: Paris for sure…people have a great sense of personal style there.
● What a woman can’t miss to have in her wardrobe?
A: From my last collection, the light blue Oxford-cloth shirt, an all-time favorite of the male wardrobe, with plume paillettes embroidery on the collar.
● What’s your favorite Italian food?
A: I love fish and pizza!
● In the future we can expect a menswear collection by N°21 ?
A: Well to be honest, I don’t think so… I think that I am on the right direction, and my big plan for the future is developing N°21 project. It is giving me lot of satisfaction.
● What’s your favorite thing to do, other than designing clothes?
A: Movies… when ever and where ever!
Visit : numeroventuno.com